Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fabulous Furniture Makeovers

I just snagged a night stand for $1 at a yard sale over the weekend!  Can you believe it?  You won't believe it when I show you.  I actually already love the color and all I had to do was add a knob.  But, the suspense of seeing it is going to kill you (not literally but doesn't curiosity drive you crazy?) - I can't show it to you yet.  My master bedroom is a disaster.  You'll have to wait.  Sorry!  BUT to make it up to you, I have LOTS of reader furniture makeovers to share with you!

Check out these beauties!  Click the links for more details and to visit these talented DIY blog friends:

Sweet Mint Studios - Trunk Surgery.  Old to fresh and pretty.

Before:
After:



Cherished Treasures...

Before:



After: (love that headboard too!)



Cherished Treasures”=

Saltbox Treasures - great tutorial for upholstering table top!
Before:


After:

Not convinced that white paint makes everything look better?

Desk Before:

After:


Bombay Chest LOVE ~ (great painting tips!)
Our Southern Nest

Before:



After:




Jennifer and her mom submitted a cabana makeover - 
creating comfy lounge daybeds from a couple of army cots:

Before:

After:


Awesome Idea at 

Coffee Table to Console Table



From Amanda at The New RichardsonsI woke up last Saturday and thought that I'd check out the garage sales in our new neighborhood.  I found a treasure! A $2 small shelf that would be a perfect accent piece!  It was missing a drawer, but oh well.  I knew I could just put a basket in it's place. I immediately came home and got to work.  I had never painted a piece of furniture, but I knew what I wanted the end product to look like. WAH-LAH! Two days later, I had our first DIY project completed!  I found the basket at our neighborhood thrift store for $1.99 and with a little white spray paint, it does the job well! :) 

Before:

After:

A dresser grows up at Hi Sugarplum!
Before:

jack dresser before


After:  Definitely more mature, right?


100_9533

Creative Decorating on a Budget (my kind of blog!)
Photobucket


Dresser Before:
Stunning After:


And finally, for more helpful furniture makeover tips, visit Brendan at the link below:

~*~*~*~

Last day to enter the  
$25 Photo Jewelry Making gift certificate giveaway!
So easy to enter and great gift idea - if you can part with it!