Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pretty Bedroom Makeover full of DIY details

Maria at 

sent over her pretty bedroom makeover.  Painting the furniture made a huge impact and I love her silhouette art and beautiful pillows.  Check it out:

DIY Bedroom Makeover

Welcome to our bedroom! Just about everything was a DIY project.My husband's biggest request is we had to keep the brown comforter. I wanted to get a new bedroom set but we couldn't afford to replace any of the furniture. So, after I got help choosing a color palette, this is what I came up with.BEFOREAFTER
The biggest project was painting all furniture and replacing the hardware. Here is a better picture of the night-stand. I took step-by-step photos of painting one of the drawers. Would that be helpful or is it pretty self-explanatory?BEFORE
AFTER
Here is how I did the candle wraps. I really love how it turned out. I wish my photos were better. It is such a nice, relaxing place now.BEFORE
AFTER
Follow these links for the large silhouette artwork, the smaller framed art, and the pillows. I used the same pillow covers for the large pillows but I adjusted the size.
 
Thanks for sharing your beautiful makeover, Maria!  I love how the furniture now pops against your mocha colored walls and the blue and brown accent everything perfectly!  Great job!

------------------
This post is brought to you by
 

UK Bathrooms supply a wide range of bathroom furniture.