Sunday, July 18, 2010

DIY Project Parade

I'm working on a DIY project that involves a LOT of sewing and if you're interested, I'm completely recovering an A-frame swing (canopy, arm rests, seat cushion) for my mom. 

So here are some highlights from last week's DIY Project Parade.  Thanks for sharing your amazing DIY skills - everyone!  I am so inspired by each project and even if I haven't had time to comment (sorry - I wish I did!), I love seeing all of your creativity!  Click the links to be redirected to the original post!

Check out this GORGEOUS day bed Shauna created at Perfectly Imperfect.  DROOL!  I want to curl up there with a novel and never leave. Isn't it relaxing?  I'd love an all white space to call home.



You have to see this awesome peg board book at Pregnant with Power Tools! Genius space-saving idea!

This before and after hutch from Melanie at The Frosted Gardner is SO pretty!  Definitely an inspiration.  I have 3 built-ins in my dining room, but I'd still love 1 more and to redo a free-standing one!

BeforeAfter
I love this soap dispenser at Decor Chick...too cute and something I'm going to try. (Even if it wasn't original, Emily, YOU inspire me - I haven't seen it before and I love it!)

 
This one is amazing!  Utility sink turned into cart!  Check out the before and after at Yes! Big Deal!  Don't you love it?  Who doesn't love more storage options?  How creative!

In my house, I'm looking at a screen covering a big sooty black hole, how about you?  Original idea & pretty! - fireplace art at Messie Confessions!

Cute shipping crate step stool at All Thingz Related... love the stamps!  Perfect touch!
106
A Grillicious Menu Board and Tool Holder  tutorial at 504 Main!
I see a birthday gift idea for Mr. DIY!

Look at this pretty DIY headboard at House of Huddleston - Love the fabric pattern and soothing colors.
Another item to add to my DIY "I want that" list.  I've never used a drying rack, I hang things around the house.  How much more functional is this awesome Ballard-inspired drying wrack at Attempting Creative.

LOVE this tutorial for making your own glass doors for your book shelves!  
Thanks for the tips,
Amanda!


I mentioned Friday that I'd have another closet makeover to share and I will do that soon!
~*~*~*~
So...What have you been up to?  Feel free to link up!



The DIY Show Off

If you'd like to link YOUR DIY project post to The DIY Show Off Project Parade:
  1. You must use the button above and link to this post to share the linky love.
  2. Include your name or blog name and project title. Add your permalink (not your blog url, but your DIY project post url). Feel free to link a Past Post, just invite your readers in a current post with a quick note.
  3. Or email your link to thediyshowoff@gmail.com and I will add it for you.
  4. If you notice your link has disappeared - pleaseadd the link back to The DIY Show Off to your post today with a quick note to your readers about the party and try again! I love when everyone participates and readers check out everyone's links, but I think the return favor of linking back is the nice thing to do so everyone plays fair and enjoys all of the projects and links. Also - this blog party is for DIY projects only. Links not related to DIY will be deleted.
~*~*~*~