Saturday, May 22, 2010

Another Amazing Kitchen Makeover!

All of these gorgeous kitchens. Is it a hint? Time for me to stop procrastinating ours? Here is what I'm talking about. Kristina at The Purple Pea is sharing her amazing kitchen makeover. Here is her post:

The Kitchen Redo: COMPLETE

Last we talked I was slowly but surely self mutilating my wrists painting my kitchen cabinets. Well, lo and behold, I'm finally finished!

Lets revisit my kitchen...

Before:




IMG_0888 copy


Horrible builder grade cheapy cabinets.







IMG_0890 copy


As I expressed before, this was HARD. But in the end, it is completely worth it. Take a look!


After:








IMG_0971 copy










IMG_0972 copy




These are the cabinets that were routed and glass was installed. I'll teach you how to do that soon.






IMG_0973 copy








IMG_0974 copy



Overall, this was the biggest project I've tackled and it was time consuming. I used the same technique as my craft room table. But I am a million times more happy about my kitchen that I ever was before. I'd love to install crown molding and replace the back splash at some point. But I sort of want a break from mini-renovations for a bit.

However, I've got some tips and tricks to share with you!

Stick around for:

IMG_0983 copy

How to light the TOPS of your cabinets

IMG_0939 copy

Tips and tricks for hardware installation


IMG_0925 copy

How you (yes, you!) can have glass fronted cabinet doors too!


Kristina - it's awesome and I'm looking forward to your tutorials with more much needed details on your beautiful cabinets! Thank you so much for sharing!