Sunday, April 11, 2010

DIY Project Parade

It's a DIY Show Off day and I can't wait to see what you've been up to. Me? I did manage to paint one wall in a guest bedroom to see how it looked with Mythic paint and I think I like the color and I love the quality so that's next in line. Mr. DIY planted some more grape vines, some wisteria and clematis and worked on our monstrous grape arbor. It's bare in the colder months but once summer is here, it's a tunnel of grapes and leaves and is so pretty. Last year, the rusted supports were replaced with wood and it was rebuilt by Mr. DIY. I feared the grapes were traumatized - it was quite an ordeal but I see buds! Hurray! More to come on those to projects in the future.

We also have a winner for the Phillips LED lamp! "What role does color and light play in creating a certain mood in your home?" The winner is - Lisa from Reflections in a Gazing Ball.

Lisa, April 5, 2010 6:21 PM 25

Living in a home with virtually NO natural lighting sources, I have come to appreciate light and color sources in new ways. Every lamp choice, light bulb, or even shade can dramatically influence the look of one room. I especially value candle light for the calming light it sheds over a space and the soul. Color changes so dramatically from one room to the next, a feast for the eyes and senses. Light and color can lift your mood, calm the senses after a day of brutal assaults to the eyes, and blanket the mind with memories of misty hues of times gone by. Off to see the lamp!



Congratulations Lisa! Please email your mailing address and I'll forward it to my contact. Lucky girl! I'm jealous! I hope you'll give us a review. It's so cool! If you didn't win, there's still a chance! Head over to the Color Your World sweepstakes and enter daily!

Here are some highlights from previous DIY Project Parades. I appreciate every single link. I love seeing your creativity and inspiration. There are a lot of entries so if I haven't visited you yet - I will and if you'd rather be featured in a DIY Show Off post...please email your link to me too or instead. :)

Gorgeous DIY Fabric Headboard and Tutorial at All Things Thrifty:


Beautiful livingroom Reveal at Two Nuts in a Shell:



Pretty bathroom makeover at Home is Where They Love You:

Creative knife block update at House of Hepworths:

DSCN8966


Fabulous desk makeover at Life + Style:



~*~*~

The DIY Show Off

If you'd like to link YOUR DIY project post to The DIY Show Off Project Parade:
  1. You must use the button above and link to this post to share the linky love.
  2. Include your name or blog name and project title. Add your permalink (not your blog url, but your DIY project post url). Feel free to link a Past Post, just invite your readers in a current post with a quick note.
  3. Or email your link to thediyshowoff@gmail.com and I will add it for you.
  4. If you notice your link has disappeared - please add the link back to The DIY Show Off to your post today with a quick note to your readers about the party and try again! I love when everyone participates and readers check out everyone's links, but I think the return favor of linking back is the nice thing to do so everyone plays fair and enjoys all of the projects and links. Also - this blog party is for DIY projects only. Links not related to DIY will be deleted.

* New format but it's still easy. If you have any problem, email me at thediyshowoff@gmail.com.

------------------------

This post is brought to you by Tiger Claw hidden deck fasteners - found at DIY Home Center your source for premium & unique products for your home, deck and patio area.