Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fabulous Furniture Makeovers

I just snagged a night stand for $1 at a yard sale over the weekend!  Can you believe it?  You won't believe it when I show you.  I actually already love the color and all I had to do was add a knob.  But, the suspense of seeing it is going to kill you (not literally but doesn't curiosity drive you crazy?) - I can't show it to you yet.  My master bedroom is a disaster.  You'll have to wait.  Sorry!  BUT to make it up to you, I have LOTS of reader furniture makeovers to share with you!

Check out these beauties!  Click the links for more details and to visit these talented DIY blog friends:

Sweet Mint Studios - Trunk Surgery.  Old to fresh and pretty.

Before:
After:



Cherished Treasures...

Before:



After: (love that headboard too!)



Cherished Treasures”=

Saltbox Treasures - great tutorial for upholstering table top!
Before:


After:

Not convinced that white paint makes everything look better?

Desk Before:

After:


Bombay Chest LOVE ~ (great painting tips!)
Our Southern Nest

Before:



After:




Jennifer and her mom submitted a cabana makeover - 
creating comfy lounge daybeds from a couple of army cots:

Before:

After:


Awesome Idea at 

Coffee Table to Console Table



From Amanda at The New Richardsons:  I woke up last Saturday and thought that I'd check out the garage sales in our new neighborhood.  I found a treasure! A $2 small shelf that would be a perfect accent piece!  It was missing a drawer, but oh well.  I knew I could just put a basket in it's place. I immediately came home and got to work.  I had never painted a piece of furniture, but I knew what I wanted the end product to look like. WAH-LAH! Two days later, I had our first DIY project completed!  I found the basket at our neighborhood thrift store for $1.99 and with a little white spray paint, it does the job well! :) 

Before:

After:

A dresser grows up at Hi Sugarplum!
Before:

jack dresser before


After:  Definitely more mature, right?


100_9533

Creative Decorating on a Budget (my kind of blog!)
Photobucket


Dresser Before:
Stunning After:


And finally, for more helpful furniture makeover tips, visit Brendan at the link below:

~*~*~*~

Last day to enter the  
$25 Photo Jewelry Making gift certificate giveaway!
So easy to enter and great gift idea - if you can part with it!